- Don’t be afraid to walk into a store! — a store is there for you to browse and see if you like something. Don’t worry if a store might seem too high end, there’s no crime in walking in to take a look at their sales. I notice that many people think twice about walking into a store because they think that they won’t be able to afford it and they window shop their way through life. I’ve gotten the most our of my buck in high end stores trying to make room for the new collections.
2. Ask the staff ! The people working there cater to your needs and let’s be honest “a sale is a sale”. Anyone who works or has worked in retail can vouch for me when I say that it all adds up to the end goal! If you go up to the sales associate and mention you have a budget and are looking for timeless items they will probably direct you in the best direction !
3. Don’t be afraid to get down and dirty! For the most part, sale is the area where there’s going to be the most mess. It’s where most of the peeps hang out because we all want to find at least one piece that we’re going to say “this was today’s find”. Don’t be afraid to move piles of clothes or to look twenty minutes in a fully packed rack because more often than not you will find that needle in the haystack.
4. Fight the price ! If an item is marked a certain way — make sure to get that price. Hey, everyone’s human and sometimes stores make mistakes and mark down items that shouldn’t be. Make sure to speak up and say “oh, this was marked lower” because a store has the responsibility to honor the price that they marked.
5. Stalk it online! Everything has to go out the door to make space for the new pieces. If you fall absolutely in love with something that you just cannot afford, make sure to bookmark it on your computer and revisit the online page often. That way when the item goes on sale you’ll have first dibs on it !
Bargaining since day one! I know I shared that this look was from Zara, but some of my favorite stores that have amazing sale sections and pieces include Nordstrom Rack, Anthropologie, Saks Off, Ted Baker, Madewell, Banana Republic, and Neiman Marcus (sale designer shoes !!). Let me know what you find and don’t forget to tag me in all of your @HuntforStyles inspired shots !